Friday, August 7, 2009

Why Blog?

Hmmm..why have I started this blog? I'm not one of those people that like to hear themselves talk. Believe me..I KNOW a few of those kind of people. I blog because I am constantly thinking of things to write. By spending my energy on this blog, I will lift the burden for my friends, whom I slam with heavy and lengthy emails.
Will anyone be reading this? I don't know. It's okay if I'm the only one reading this, because I like to amuse myself. I also promised myself to start following through with things I start. I've a a BIG problem with starting butt-loads of projects, and never finishing them. Time for things to change.
I don't have a 9 to 5 normal job. I spend a lot of time walking around with my dog BoB. I live in a loft in downtown Dallas..smack in-between the Arts District and Deep Ellum. Taking long walks with BoB, and seeing the progression of how Dallas is changing is exciting. Ten years ago, downtown really sucked. We had the West End which started to fizzle and of course Deep Ellum started turning into a ghost town. There really was no reason to come downtown.
NOW..it is turning around. Construction is near it's completion of the incredible Dallas Performing Arts Center, which will be bringing 4 Broadway Musicals to Dallas this season. Deep Ellum is coming back to life. Even the club TREES on Elm St. just re-opened. The Prophet Bar has also re-opened in a new location on Elm St. near Good Latimer. As I drove down Lower Greenville the other night, I noticed so many new build-outs going on for new restaurants and bars. ..it's alive..IT'S ALIVE!!!!
I can here the ching-ching(doubt that's the sound) of money..as my real estate is going up in price. Now is the time to buy a place downtown..that is if it's not too late. I got my little loft 2 years ago for $110,000, and now I see another loft in this same building up for sale at $268,000!! Although I think it's still a bit premature for that high price, there are still great deals to be had around here. Dallas ROCKS!!!

1 comment: