Monday, August 10, 2009

"Fab to Flab" story




Holy crap!! I woke up this morning and mistakenly turned on the wrong channel (I normally watch the local news). ANYHOW...ABC news had a story called "From FAB to FLAB". It's about a personal trainer who gained 90 pounds to feel empathetic for his clients and the struggles they go through being overweight. He went from underwear model dude to.. soft and pudgy dude in 6 months.

If you didn't catch it this morning, then click on the link. Just be patient while watching the advertisement (most appropriately for cholesterol drugs) that runs before the story.


Okay..so after I saw this story I went to the Weight Watchers website in a panic. I don't want to be like that fat dude. I can feel my body bloating-up day by day. My body has turned into middle-age mush in what seems like overnight! I found a picture of me from 15 years ago..5' 8" and 120 pounds (and that was 10 months after having my daughter)..to a whopping 180 pounds as of today! This just fricken SUCKS! So back to the Weight Watchers Website..it's changed. What was once so simple to use by tracking your 'points', is now a jumbled overload of weight- loss hell. The only thing I could figure out was where to find a meeting. So I packed up my gym clothes (to burn off more fat after the meeting) and went on my desperate search for a diet and some motivation. I've never been to a Weight Watchers meeting before, so this was all new to me. Needless to say..I thought it sucked. Describing it would be mean, so I won't go there. But there WAS a destinctive smell that I also could describe, but again..that would be mean. I did purchase $30 of Weight Watchers paraphernalia though...sucker!


Note to self: 08.10.09 - Weight 180 pounds (top weight).. weight loss goal = 55 pounds


Photo : Me and Jen 08.13.94 (me with my effortlessly tiny waistline 15 years ago, back when I didn't appreciate it..now I want it BACK!!!).


Laterererer,

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Donna, you need Bobby! He will change your life! And get you right back on the path of Skinny Girl! LOL! I've lost weight and my clothes are fitting agin! Girl! It will fix what ails you... believe me I relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, but if I remember correctly..don't personal trainers cost a lot of $$$$$$$? I was just reading about the new medication I was put on for my OUT OF THIS WORLD cholesterol..and it says that one side effect can be swelling. I'm feeling pretty puffy, but I got to get this crazy cholesterol (that I most graciously thanked my mom for this genetic defect) down. So I'm counting my calorie 'points', and will see what happens. If I use Bobby, I'm afraid I'd have to get a REAL job! Ohhhh noooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete