Thursday, August 13, 2009

Menopause the Musical


Well last night I went to see 'Menopause the Musical'...and I have to admit, I really liked it. It started off a bit quirky, and we didn't know what to think at first. I know that when I glanced over at my friend Terry during the opening of show, she gave me that look that could take us both down to the giggle and snorts level of hysteria that we can get ourselves into at the most inappropriate times. My wedding 18 years ago was one of those times. Terry was my Maid of Honor, and when the pastor said 'be fruitful and multiply'..he didn't know that I was already pregnant with TWINS (the twins is an entirely other story)!! But Terry was well aware of that fact. So when he said that and I then glanced over to Terry..she started the giggle-snorts, which started me doing the giggle-snorts for the remainder of the wedding vows. Yep..very inappropriate..but it was pretty funny.

Anyhow..back to the musical... about 15 minutes into the show, it started turning around. So I would have to recommend it to all women to go see this. I really don't think men would be so inclined to go. Although the few men that did go, they did look to be enjoying it. I think particularly the older gentleman that was sitting in the front row, who really must have enjoyed it. The one actress that played the sexy soap star, came down off the stage as she was singing 'I'm Having a Hot Flash..a tropical Hot Flash" to the tune of 'Heat Wave'. She walked up to this man and straddled him while running her fingers through his white and thinning hair, as she continued singing. I think he had a reason to remain sitting for at least 15 minutes after that little simulation. Woo-hooo!!!

That reminds me of another time at an Alice Cooper concert.

About 10 years ago I went to see Alice Cooper, and I managed to get right up in front of the stage. But..you know there always has to be the girls who feel the need to show off their ta-ta's at concerts..and that night there were 2 of them...front and center. Alice Cooper did the cool thing, and ignored those boobs, and wouldn't stand in front of them. Apparently Alice Cooper was the only one ignoring them, because as these 2 girls stood there for the entire show with their shirts rolled-up, the Stage Security dude's pants started growing. Now let me tell you...this security dude was a big black guy..and I'm not just talking about his belly being big!! At that moment I could see what 'pitching a tent' really meant. This guy's tent was sooo big, he could sleep a family of 4 in there!! Oh my..the dick-ache this man must have had. He had to untuck his white oxford shirt just to "try" to cover-up all the business going on down in his pants. Thank God for pleated pants..but soon even the pleats couldn't hold THAT back. Poor Alice Cooper got upstaged by an enormous woody. That was FUNNY! And I know I wasn't the only one who noticed!!


So back to the subject..Yes, women need to go see 'Menopause the Musical'. It's playing at the Eisemann Center in Richardson through September 27th. It's easy to get to, and easy to park. Tickets are $45, and parking last night was $4. Check out the links:


The photo was a scene from the musical that I snagged off their website.


Laterererr,

Donna

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Glad you enjoyed the show. As for your Alice story, I am rolling! He pitched a circus tent. Must have been some nice ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA!!! Circus TENT!!!! THAT"S what it was!!!!!! Funny!!! Full of elephants and clowns and a bearded lady.

    ReplyDelete