Thursday, August 6, 2009

Deep Ellum 'Traveling Man'

Have you seen the new changes to Deep Ellum yet? I look out my loft window and see the ever present 38 foot "Traveling Man" coming to life at Swiss Ave. and Good Latimer. His gigantica legs are mostly now covered in polished steel. They just need to finish off the rest of his body. Men, cranes, and blow torches in this 100+ degree heat working fast to beat a deadline for the big opening of the Deep Ellum Dart Train Station extention. I'm amazed! I think I'll walk my dog BoB by the MAN and take a pic to post.
The work looks to be done on the 'Guitar Playing Traveling Man' who sits at the corner of Good Latimer and Gaston. He remains covered by a tarp..maybe waiting for his big day to show? I'm waiting for the 3rd "Traveling Man" to make an appearance on the corner of Elm St. and Good Latimer. They have had the foundation poured, but still no sign of the "Traveling Man's" Head that is supposed to be coming up from the earth. I can't wait to see that one!
Such awesome sculptures. I have to admit, that during the beginning stages of construction, I thought.."what the hell is that?". But if you ever got a peak of the finished "Traveling Man" playing guitar sculpture under that tarp, you too would be very impressed.
Such a great addition to Deep Ellum. It is so good to see Deep Ellum coming back to life.
Time to explore the streets with BoB...

No comments:

Post a Comment